Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE848075
This is a permanent full-time position commencing in November 2023
The Service Delivery - Statewide Services Division is seeking to recruit an organised and dedicated Education Officer in their Primary, Early Childhood and Education Support (PECES) branch.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Education Officer will assist with the planning, implementation and evaluation of specialist teaching and learning support in response to the needs of public schools and the Department’s strategic direction. The successful applicant will support schools and education regions through the development and implementation of whole-school approaches to improve quality teaching and student achievement.
Within this role the Education Officer will work closely with the PECES leadership team in supporting the implementation of projects and programs across the branch. This will include collecting, analysing and interpreting data and other contextual information. This will assist with the preparation of reports and briefing papers on evidence-based approaches to teaching and learning and the support needs of teachers.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated substantial knowledge and understanding of teaching and learning practices and requirements in relevant area/s of specialist expertise.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing, monitoring and reviewing professional learning and support programs in relevant area/s of specialist expertise.
- Demonstrated highly developed verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build partnerships and integrate services both within and beyond the Department.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with change and generate innovative solutions related to teaching and learning issues.
- Demonstrated highly developed written communication and presentation skills, including experience in the preparation of reports, briefings and other documentation to support and inform senior officers.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Anne Barone, Principal Consultant by telephoning 0491 216 961 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 10 October 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.