Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS846691
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Bridgetown High School (HS) is seeking a dedicated Cleaner In Charge to join their team.
Bridgetown HS is seeking a reliable and team orientated individual to join them in the role of Cleaner in Charge.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including arranging relief staff, job inductions for new staff, and liaising with the Manager of Corporate Services on cleaning matters. You will also carry out the cleaning of internal and external areas and ensuring emptying of all rubbish containers. The successful applicant will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and respond to issues raised by other school staff. Ideally the successful applicant will possess great communication skills and have experience in supervising staff.
Bridgetown HS is located 270km south of Perth on the Blackwood River in the South West region of Western Australia and proudly meets the needs of local students in Years 7 to 10. At Bridgetown HS we focus on ensuring our students feel safe and we work hard to make the experience of learning enjoyable. We strongly believe that 'It takes a whole village to raise a child'.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit www.bridgetownhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online for more information about Bridgetown High School
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Camille Sinagra, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bridgetown by telephoning (08) 9761 0100 or emailing Camille.Sinagrar@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Camille Sinagra on 0427 641561 or Camille.Sinagrar@education.wa.edu.au and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Demonstrated experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception at 58 Steere Street, Bridgetown, WA 6255 before the closing date and time.
The application form for emailed and hand delivered applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED