Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS847594
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Jerdacuttup Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated cleaner to join their small team.
About the Role
To be suitable for this role you will ideally have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. The successful applicant will ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
About the School
Jerdacuttup PS is a delightful school with a small but stable student population. The school, located on the infamous Rabbit Proof Fence, is only 27 km from Starvation Bay and the beautiful coastline of the South Coast, well known for its fishing and camping opportunities.
Approximately 150 km west of Esperance and 50 km from Ravensthorpe, most students within the school's catchment live on farms. The school is serviced by one bus run. The school has a stable, experienced, and professional staff which consists of a Principal, two teachers, one teacher assistant, gardener, cleaner, manager corporate services and a library officer.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Jerdacuttup Primary School please visit jerdacuttupschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Rachel Gibson, MCS, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Ravensthorpe, by telephoning (08) 6823 1100 or emailing Rachel.Gibson2@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Rachel Gibson on 0428 751 062 or Rachel.email@example.com and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
The application form for emailed applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Induction program within three months of commencement.
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.