Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH848341
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Jurien Bay District High School (DHS) is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Music Teacher to join their team.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $5,000 per year
- Locality allowance of $461 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable
- Free relocation
The successful applicant will implement a music program for students across all year levels, mixed abilities, aptitudes and educational needs through planning, preparation, monitoring and assessment using a variety of technologies.
They will ideally possess a sound musical knowledge to model and inspire students, working closely with students, teachers and the community to “grow” the learning area at our school.
With growing numbers, we want our students to have every possible opportunity to enjoy and excel at school. Your role will be to instil the love of music so that every student wants to be in your class, choosing to select music as a priority in their secondary electives. Our specialist teachers are often seen engaging with students out of their lesson time, both informally and in structured programs.
Jurien Bay DHS is located on the pristine Turquoise Coast, 200 kilometres North of Perth and 200 kilometres South of Geraldton. The town is surrounded by beautiful beaches and fabulous camping areas. The staff and community are welcoming, and it is a great place to live and enjoy both work and leisure time.
The school caters for students from Jurien Bay, Leeman, Green Head and Cervantes and the surrounding farming districts. The school provides an educational service for a range of students from Kindergarten to Year 12.
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Jurien Bay District High School can be found by visiting www.jdhs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact David Thomas, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Jurien Bay, by telephoning (08) 9688 6100 or emailing David.Thomas1@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Dave Thomas on 0400 201 609.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 24 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.