Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS848985
Successful applicants from advertised Vacancy IPS/TCH822636 need not apply
Applecross Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2024.
Applecross SHS are seeking dedicated, organised, and highly motivated School Officers who are excellent communicators and able to work as part of a team. Suitable applicants should possess good verbal and written communication skills, with a thorough understanding of how to apply customer service principles and practices. Experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively would also be highly desirable.
Suitable applicants will ideally have relevant experience and capacity to undertake a wide range of a support services to a high standard. A good understanding of relevant systems within a busy school business context is highly desirable. Suitable applicants will ideally be adaptable and ready to take on challenges and learn new skills. They should also have sound organisational skills, possess the ability to keep to timelines in their day to day working environment and be a supportive, capable team member.
The ability to use various technology platforms and a range of application software packages to support service demands of our school business will be advantageous. This includes applications such as the Department of Education Account Manager (DAM); School Information Systems (SIS – Enrolments, Timetabling and Reporting to Parents); RM Finance; RM Billing, SEQTA; Consent2Go and creating spreadsheets and data management in general.
Applecross SHS’s goal is to encourage young people to achieve their potential through the value and enjoyment of learning. The foundations for success lie in the careful development of inclusive and welcoming learning environments. By creating forums within these environments and giving students a voice, we become aware of their collective needs, ensuring that the necessary support can be delivered for strategic improvement.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Applecross Senior High School can be found by visiting applecross.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole Keinick, Human Resource Officer, by telephoning (08) 9314 9393 or emailing Nicole.Keinick@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Nicole Keinick on 0417 494 000.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.