Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS848377
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Suitable applicants will ideally employ excellent communication skills and possess interpersonal skills to work in collaboration with teachers, parents/carers, and other stakeholders to foster an inclusive and engaging program for our students, as well as building positive and nurturing relationships with our students.
Applicants should be flexible, resilient, and experienced in supporting the needs of students with self-regulation of behaviour as well as social and emotional responses. Experience in implementing effective strategies to engage students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), intellectual and/or physical disabilities is desirable.
Bayswater Primary School is a Level 5 school located in the North Metropolitan Education Region, approximately 7 kilometres from the central CBD. The school has a proud history of providing quality education and is strongly supported by the local community. High expectations of student success are achieved through a whole school explicit teaching pedagogical model that all staff follow. The school delivers a range of specialist programs including Italian, Physical Education, Art, and Music. A feature of the school is the strong sense of community and the collaborative nature and team structure of the staff which contributes to a focussed delivery of learning approaches.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents, and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Bayswater Primary School can be found by visiting bayswaterps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kim Cardillo, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9462 6600 or emailing Kim.Cardillo@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Kim Cardillo on 0466 253 934.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 06 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.