Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH849476
Hillcrest Primary School (PS) is seeking three (3) enthusiastic and motivated Middle (Year 3 and 4) Primary Teachers to join their friendly team.
We currently have the following positions available:
For Permanent tenure only
- 3 x – permanent full-time positions
All positions will commence Term 1, 2024
The successful applicants should be highly reflective, have strong positive classroom management skills and be able work collaboratively to build positive relationships with students, staff and community.
It would be highly advantageous for applicants to have good communication skills, excellent interpersonal acumen and up to date curriculum knowledge. Knowledge of school programs is ideal. Please use the context of the school in your application to show why you believe Hillcrest is a good fit for you.
Hillcrest PS is looking for team players, that can seamlessly fit the dynamic school culture. We would ideally like someone with a high level of ICT knowledge (particularly Chromebooks and Office 365) and ability to use data informed practice to improve student outcomes.
Hillcrest PS empowers future-focused learners. We ensure our children are nurtured to become resilient, independent people with a love of learning. When they graduate, they will leave with a complete skill set, confident in their ability to face the challenges of a technologically advanced society. They will be respectful citizens armed with the problem solving skills needed to sustain success. Our experienced, caring, and dedicated staff are passionate and share our vision.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hillcrest Primary School can be found by visiting hillcrestps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Liz Ford, Principal by telephoning (08) 9238 1000 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Liz Ford on 0413 933 680.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 19 October 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.