Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS848235
This is a permanent part-time (0.75FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Maidens Park Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated Cleaner In Charge to join their team.
We are willing to consider a job-share arrangement for the right applicants.
About the Role
The Cleaner In Charge is responsible for opening/closing the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. They will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, general cleaning, and other such duties as required. Additionally, they will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which will include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience in supervising staff, as they will work alongside school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services. In addition, the Cleaner In Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, and record and respond to issues and concerns. They will maintain the cleaner’s time book, arrange relief staff, be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies and stocktake of cleaning resources.
About the school
Our school is a vibrant and eclectic socio economic community where everyone belongs. We understand that the flourishing health and wellbeing of our students, staff and families is a precursor to creating a culture where all stakeholders perform at their best. Students, in a safe, caring and inclusive learning environment are provided with high quality teaching, led by an effective distributed leadership team.
We also understand and value the strength in nurturing positive partnerships across our school and wider community, believing that by maximizing parent input and communication we increase opportunities for our students to reach their potential.
Located in the southern Bunbury suburb of Withers, within 1km of the Indian Ocean, Maidens Park PS is nestled in lush native gardens and shade trees. The large Tuart trees are a significant feature of the extensive grounds, with nature play areas and a large, grassed playing field for sport. Programs offered include Science, Digital Technology, Health and Sport.
Great importance is placed on character education providing opportunities for students to develop values and mindfulness. The school promotes positive behaviour through its rules of being Safe, Tolerant, Achieve and Responsible.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit Schools Online for more information about Maidens Park Primary School
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Cindy Richardson, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Bunbury, by telephoning (08) 9724 9450 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Cindy Richardson on 0417 901 833 or email@example.com and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than two page Please address selection criteria (3 and 4) by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each work related requirement.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Demonstrated experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.