Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS846239
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Mount Barker Community College (CC) is seeking a friendly and organised individual to join their team in the role of Manager Corporate Services (MCS).
The successful applicant will manage the financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's operations and administer all school support staff. As MCS you will assist the Principal in ensuring that the school meets corporate financial objectives and that Regional and Corporate reporting requirements are met, and also participate in school-based and Regional committees and working groups to ensure alignment with the school's business targets and objectives. To be successful in this role you will have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work both autonomously, and as part of a team environment.
Mount Barker CC a proud Independent Public School with a long history of strong community connections and success for our students. We pride ourselves on supporting personal excellence in our students through quality teaching, and we are active in seeking opportunities for enrichment through clubs, camps, excursions, and community service.
The goal of building a strong community underpins our activities to involve parents and community members in supporting our students' learning both in and beyond our college. We promote a friendly, welcoming environment to ensure our school is a great place to be.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- High-level human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and processes.
- High-level financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to understand and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- High-level written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience in the application of high-level customer service principles and practices.
- Experience in effective leadership of a team.
- Ability to provide high-level human resource consultancy and financial advice in the development, implementation and management of business and marketing plans.
- Well-developed problem solving and risk management skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to strategic and complex problems and issues.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Barker Community College can be found by visiting mountbarkercc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Andrew Fraser, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Mount Barker, by telephoning (08) 9851 5800 or emailing Andrew.Fraser@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Andrew Fraser on 0439 431 683
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 5 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.