Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS847712
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023
This is a high-profile position that ideally requires excellent interpersonal skills. We are seeking an individual who has the capacity to be a positive team member as well as able to work independently and show initiative in their daily tasks. As a School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and may be responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff and community members, ideally using your exemplary communication skills. The School Officer may undertake reception duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information.
The successful applicant will ideally model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery as well as ideally able to work in collaboration with the administration team, school support staff and our school community and teaching staff and able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment. In this role, your duties will include assisting the Manager Corporate Services in the daily financial aspects of the school. The successful applicant should coordinate financial tasks including processing of electronic funds transfer (EFT) payment batches, invoicing, cash management. It would be advantageous to have a range of software experience to enhance our administration processes and provide effective marketing and communication strategies.
Situated on Strinesdale Boulevard, Aveley, we cater for students from Kindergarten to Year 6, within an inclusive one school model. We have guided the development of our school vision and branded our unique identity through consultation and collaboration with the school board and our local community. Our school is dedicated to working alongside the community to create a clear strategic plan, with clearly articulated goals, strategies, and targets to ensure we offer children the best opportunities to learn and achieve their potential.
Our vision is:
We are a diverse, inclusive community that develops positive and engaged individuals who are supportive of each other and work together to become successful lifelong learners. We are one school and together we succeed.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Aveley North Primary School can be found by visiting aveleynorthps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Kelly Neill, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0475 285 800 or emailing Kelly.Neill@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Kelly Neill on 0475 285 800.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.