Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS848229
Ballajura Primary School is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2024.
The suitable applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping, and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-In-Charge. Vacation cleaning is conducted during the first week of the term 1, 2 and 3 school holiday periods.
At Ballajura Primary School, our motto is - inspire, participate, learn, and succeed. These four words encapsulate our collective desire to realise every child’s passions and dreams and we are dedicated to ensuring every child reaches their social, emotional, and academic potential.
We have high expectations of ourselves and believe every child matters every day. Alongside academic performance, we focus on developing the social capacities and emotional resilience of our students.
Across the school, every child is immersed in a well-balanced curriculum with teachers delivering educational programs that equip every child, over time, for secondary school and life beyond school. The strategy emphasis varies across the phases of schooling with curriculum, instruction, and program development, recognising that each child is developing and achieving in different ways, stages and rates, with different priorities for each different phase of schooling.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners, and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Ballajura Primary School please visit ballajuraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Stephanie Young Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9338 2200 or emailing Stephanie.Young@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Darren Greaves, Principal, on 0434 589 902 or Tanya Van Den Akker, MCS, on firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed one (1) page CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A maximum of two (2) pages cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- induction program within three months of commencement.
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement.
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable.
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 06 October 2023.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.