Please note as of Tuesday, 26 September at 8:57am and amendment has been made to the FTE
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS843603
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Hannans Primary School (PS) is seeking to employ a highly motivated and dedicated Mainstream Education Assistant for appointment to a permanent vacancy commencing at the beginning of the school year in 2024.
Hannans PS is seeking a reliable and motivated Education Assistant (Mainstream) to join our team. Hannans PS is a high-performing school with a culture of excellence and strong community links. Our core curriculum has a strong focus on literacy, numeracy, science and values education. Staff are united by our restorative practice approaches and school values of success, teamwork, respect, innovation, voice and empathy. We seek staff who will inspire students to strive for excellence and develop an enthusiasm for learning in a vibrant, engaging, organised and supportive environment.
As a Mainstream Education Assistant, you should be organised and diligent, with a commitment to maximising student outcomes, particularly in the areas of literacy, numeracy and behaviour support. You will support teacher/s to deliver explicit instruction and practices in literacy and numeracy through small group work, individual instruction and intervention when required. Prior knowledge and experience with Letters and Sounds, Initial-Lit/Mini-Lit and/or Science of Reading and Talk for Writing is highly desirable.
Ideally, you will possess strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills in a recent and relevant educational environment and be able to assist teacher/s with the delivery of planned education programs. The initiative and capacity to work independently to deliver specific interventions to small groups of students, would also be highly desirable qualities. The role also includes assisting with the care and well-being of students and maintaining equipment and resources in a safe and tidy learning environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Hannans Primary School can be found by visiting www.hannansps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Lisa Young, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9068 5300 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Lisa Young on 0428 110 420.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A up to three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current department of education criminal record clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current working with children check
- Complete the department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by departmental policy
- Complete the department’s training in accountable and ethical decision-making within 6 months of appointment
- Complete the department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 4 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.