Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS833685
This is a permanent part-time (0.9FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Byford Secondary College (SC) is seeking to appoint an organised and motivated individual to fill the role of Enrolment and Administration Support Officer and join their friendly team.
Suitable applicants would work as part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community. As the first point of contact for prospective parents and students, you will assist in building positive relationships between families and the College. Ideally you will be friendly, organised and have the ability to prioritise tasks. You will handle enrolment enquiries and information, ensuring effective, accurate and professional service. Suitable applicants will have strong administration, interpersonal and communication skills as well as knowledge and experience of school enrolment procedures.
Byford SC is an Independent Public School catering for children from Years 7 to 12. Our moral purpose is to work together to provide effective learning experiences where we all grow and students are prepared for a successful life beyond school.
Our motto 'Aspire to Excellence' articulates our commitment to success for each person in our college community. We are a school of choice for the local community and we are dedicated to providing your child with an exceptional Secondary education.
Aspire is our selective academic extension program, delivered in partnership with the University of Western Australia, which provides the College with access to the university's staff and facilities to enhance the educational experience we deliver. This partnership also provides our teaching staff with access to professional learning opportunities and exposure to the latest research in the field of education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and constructively as part of a team.
- Experience in the use of computer application systems, including databases, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Initiative and good organisational skills, including the ability to manage conflicting timelines.
- Skills and experience in providing administrative support.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Byford Secondary College can be found by visiting www.byfordsc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Beth Kempton, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9526 7700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Beth Kempton on 0439 989 693
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.