Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS843086
Palmyra Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of enthusiastic Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2024.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of digital technologies; implement individual or small group programs and be able to provide valuable feedback to support student learning. They will assist with preparing and maintaining the learning environment by keeping equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations. They will also help the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities. You should have initiative, carry out tasks efficiently, and work as an influential team member to be suitable.
Palmyra PS aspires to work collaboratively with the community to provide a safe, supportive and rich learning environment, with high quality education and opportunities for students to fulfil their social, emotional and academic potential. Our teaching/learning programs are characterised by authentic learning which encompasses the principles of learning, teaching and assessment from the Australian and Western Australian Curriculum. Each class is resourced with technology that is used as a tool for learning across the curriculum. Palmyra PS is a proven leader in sustainability, providing a focal context for learning across all year levels.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Palmyra Primary School can be found by visiting palmyraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Catherine Bastiani, Deputy Principal by telephoning (08) 6436 0100 or emailing Catherine.Bastiani@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Catherine Bastiani on 0431 145 753.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.