This is a permanent fulltime (1.0FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Kalamunda Primary Education Support Centre (KP ESC) is seeking a highly motivated, flexible and collaborative Deputy Principal - Education Support to join our team.
At KP ESC we share our site with Kalamunda Primary School and are surrounded by magnificent nature play spaces and bush land. We are a growing school for students with disabilities. Initially, our Centre established in 1985 as a school for children with an Intellectual Disability. Today, our enrolment still includes those students, but also encompasses (but not limited to) students with Autism, Global delays and physical disabilities.
We are seeking a positive, empathetic, and reflective Leader who is committed to maximising student outcomes. The successful applicant will ideally:
- be knowledgeable in managing and coaching staff using excellent interpersonal acumen, collaborative practice and creative problem solving.
- collaborate with the Principal to provide educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and establishing strong relationships with students, staff and the community.
- have a proven track record in big-picture planning for the development of high-quality teaching and learning programs. This includes experience in working with students facing complex disabilities.
- collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team to implement operational plans aimed at enhancing essential literacy, numeracy, and fostering functional and independent skills
Additionally, the ideal applicant will ideally have knowledge and experience with Treatment and Education of Autistic and Communication related Handicapped Children (TEACCH), complex communication strategies, and tiered interventions related to behaviour education and student services, making them a valuable asset to our team.
If you are an inspiring educational leader and are passionate about creating an environment where every child’s education matters every day, we encourage you to apply for the position of Deputy Principal at Kalamunda Primary Education Support Centre.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalamunda Primary Education Support Centre can be found by visiting Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Jarna Wright, Principal by telephoning (08) 9257 4750 or emailing Jarna.Wright@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Jarna Wright on 0457 05 1971.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 October 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.