Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH843994
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Southern River College (SRC) is seeking a highly motivated English teacher committed to achieving outstanding educational outcomes for all students in our culturally diverse school.
SRC is committed to appointing staff who are the right fit for our school and community. We have a strong commitment to delivering high quality learning experiences, and as such, the successful applicant will ideally display the following skills:
- a deep knowledge of the Year 7 to 12 English curriculum
- outstanding application of assessment and reporting practices, which include a high level of data analysis skills to monitor the progress of students and classes
- experience in planning and delivering programs for a range of student’s capabilities.
- actively supporting the school commitment to Explicit Instruction (EI), will be central to the position and the ability to differentiate curriculum delivery.
- understanding of Visible Learning principles.
As the successful applicant, you will ideally be highly motivated; student and relationship focused and able to provide engaging, relevant and meaningful learning experiences. You should utilise innovative initiatives and be able to work effectively within a dynamic team. This involves you reflecting and assessing the effectiveness of your teaching practice and cultivating a safe learning environment.
You should utilise evidence based teaching practices whilst employing a range of assessment and reporting methods. With effective interpersonal skills, you should work closely with students, teachers and the community to instil rigour, resilience and pride, allowing students to achieve to their full potential. The successful applicant should also provide leadership in the literacy focus for our school.
Our RIVER Way informs our vision and ethos. We use research and data to inform our practice so we can learn and grow together. High impact teaching strategies support our focus on excellence in teaching and learning. Visible learning enhances our capacity to understand our effectiveness and our progress. We engage our community to create real opportunities for our students. The Wellbeing Centre uses growth mindset to support all our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Southern River College can be found by visiting southernrivercollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact Courtney Wilson, Deputy Principal by telephoning (08) 9391 6500 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Courtney Wilson on 0402 256 984.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.