Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS840195
This is a permanent part-time (0.64) FTE commencing Term 4, 2023
Do you have a green thumb?
Banksia Grove Primary School (PS) is seeking an organised and committed Gardener – Handyperson to join our friendly team. Job share opportunity maybe considered for the successful applicants.
As the Gardener – Handyperson you will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management and reticulation. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener – Handyperson duties in accordance with the department’s policies and guidelines.
Banksia Grove PS is a modern purpose built Independent Public School that services the rapidly growing suburb of Banksia Grove, which is located about 8km east of Joondalup, Perth, Western Australia. Our school’s purpose is to provide an inclusive school community which develops in all students the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and self-belief necessary for a balanced education within a safe and caring environment. Banksia Grove PS is fortunate to host one of the 22 State Government funded purpose-built Child and Parent Centres (CPC) on the school site. The school has welcomed the opportunity to work closely with Ngala Child and Parent Centre in supporting families and their children from our local community, nearby school, and surrounding areas. Maintenance of the CPC grounds comes under the jurisdiction of the Banksia Grove PS gardening duties.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience in maintaining grounds and gardens in schools or parks and gardens. Experience in servicing gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks is desirable. To be successful in this role you should possess knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials, and chemicals including maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in maintaining grounds and gardens, including turf management.
- Experience in minor servicing of horticultural/gardening equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge of gardening methods and procedures, including the safe use and storage of gardening equipment, materials and chemicals.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit banksiagroveprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online for more information about Banksia Grove Primary School
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For job related information
Please contact Sally Taylor, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0422 438 470 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time
- Hand-deliver your completed application form and documents to the school reception 14 Viridian Drive Banksia Grove before the closing date and time.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- induction program within three months of commencement
- introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 29 September 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.