Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS847330
This is a permanent part-time (0.44FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Success Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and reliable Cleaner in Charge (CIC) to lead our cleaning team.
The CIC is responsible for the management of cleaning resources, timetabling of rosters, vacation cleaning procedures, maintenance of cleaning equipment, and the cleaning of allocated internal and external areas. You should have pride in your work and keeping our school environment a clean and hygienic place for our students and staff to learn and enjoy.
The successful applicant will organise and supervise our cleaning team with responsibility for locking and unlocking the school at each end of the day, including setting the security alarm system. They will provide on the job induction training for all new cleaning staff, conduct monthly cleaning inspections as well as record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book.
Success PS is located in the City of Cockburn. Approximately 688 students are enrolled in our school. We offer both mainstream and education support programs to our students.
Success PS boasts state-of-the-art facilities such as a hydrotherapy pool, sensory room and gymnasium. Approximately 20% of children come from homes where English is an Additional Language (EAL/D).
We embrace our school motto 'Unlock Your Potential,' ensuring parents and the school community actively work together to achieve improved outcomes for all students.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- Experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- Experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Please visit successprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online for more information about Success Primary School
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For job related information
Please contact Sue Criddle Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6174 2600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 20 September 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.