Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH844631
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies for Health and Physical Education Teachers which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $5 000.00 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable
- Free relocation
About the position
The suitable applicants will be highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic in the promotion of Physical Education and Health within the school and will be responsible for the coordination and organisation of all school sporting events. They will also be well organised, motivated and committed to developing positive relationships and high expectations for all students.
Knowledge and competency in the Physical and Health Education component of the Western Australian (WA) Curriculum and reporting schedule is highly desirable. The ability to teach Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) Physical Education Studies and/or Outdoor Education is highly desirable.
About the school
By virtue of its size, Harvey SHS can cater for all students as individuals. The commitment of staff and local community involvement means that there is a strong connection between students, parents/caregivers and staff, resulting in all students being supported to achieve their potential. There is strong support from the community in enabling enriched educational opportunities for students.
As well as striving for excellence in all learning areas, students are encouraged to develop those skills, attitudes and values that will enable them to become lifelong learners who are able to adapt to their environment and contribute positively to their community. Harvey SHS is a school responsive to the needs of its clientele and is always looking for better ways to meet them.
We are a small and personal senior high school in the idyllic, yet bustling setting of Harvey - less than 90 minutes from Perth and some 30 minutes from Bunbury and at the gateway to the stunning Southwest.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harvey Senior High School can be found by visiting www.harveyshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job-related information
You are encouraged to contact Shane Cavanagh, Associate Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Harvey, by telephoning (08) 9782 3800 or emailing Shane.Cavanagh@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Shane Cavanagh on 0408 948 433.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 20 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.