Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS844680
Suitable applicants from previous process IPS/SS822945 need not apply
Rosalie Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants - Special Needs, for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2024.
Suitable applicants assist teaching staff in the delivery of planned education programs and in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment. You would also provide feedback when required on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to student progress. Applicants should have a strong knowledge of a range of evidence-based techniques for learning and behaviour, and have some experience working with students with disabilities, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disability. Applicants who display a commitment to enhanced student learning through ongoing reflective practice and engagement in professional learning opportunities are encouraged to apply.
As a Special Needs Education Assistant, you should be highly engaged in the development of student independence through planned and explicit approaches to support their self-management and self-regulation skills. Suitable applicants will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills which will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, vision and Business Plan priorities across the school community. You will ideally display the capacity to work collaboratively with teaching professionals and key agency representatives to implement documented plans and abide by confidentiality guidelines outlined in the code of conduct.
Rosalie PS caters for students in Kindergarten to Year 6 and has been an integral part of the Shenton Park community for 116 years. Rosalie has a proud academic tradition and is recognised as a school which maximises learning opportunities to ensure children develop a broad range of skills and strong sense of values.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rosalie Primary School can be found by visiting rosalie.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Crump, Associate Principal, by telephoning (08) 9366 9700 or emailing Robyn.Crump@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Robyn Crump on 0412 284 785.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.