Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS841783
Piara Waters Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of highly motivated and organised Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2024.
The suitable applicants will carry out internal and external duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. Performs external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, and other general cleaning. Suitable applicants will communicate with the Cleaner-In-Charge and follow directions to complete other cleaning duties as instructed
Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills is highly regarded to work effectively as part of a team environment. The suitable applicant should be highly organised with experience and knowledge of using cleaning equipment and practices to ensure the facilities are kept to the highest standard of cleanliness and safety.
About the school
Piara Waters SHS is situated in the beautifully landscaped suburb of Piara Waters, approximately 25kms south of Perth. The school is surrounded by luscious greenery and forms part of the vibrant, multicultural community of Piara Waters. The school commenced with Year 7 students in 2023, and will add each year to its growing cohort, until it reaches Year 12 in 2028.
Piara Waters SHS students are living in a rapidly changing world, and they need the skills to adapt and change with it. A diverse curriculum offering traditional and innovative programs of study, combined with innovative approaches to learning and teaching, will equip students to develop the skills they need to confront, adapt and thrive in a competitive and dynamic future world. Specialist staff will provide our students with individual support with a strong focus on wellbeing and education of the 'whole child'. Piara Waters SHS is an inclusive place of learning, and our highly skilled staff are dedicated to ensuring that every young person in our care will exceed expectations and achieve at their highest level.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners, and pressure cleaners.
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Piara Waters Senior High School please visit Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Carol Daniels, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6174 2750 or emailing Carol.Daniels@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Carol Daniels, Principal, on 0411 844 156 or preferably via email on email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager.
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 9:00am and 3:00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3:00pm (WST) on Friday, 20 October 2023.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.