Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP845797
This is three (3) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023 with possible extension (12 months)
Wiluna Remote Community School (RCS) is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Deputy Principal, who is committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for our students.
About the position
You will work as part of a dedicated team and have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to our school community. The successful applicant will ideally have outstanding interpersonal skills and be a collaborative team administrator.
As Deputy Principal, you will ideally establish and sustain effective collaborative approaches to lead whole school improvement, instructional practice and curriculum development. The ability to analyse data to inform teaching and learning and use Information Communication Technology (ICT) effectively is highly desirable. Strong interpersonal skills when working with parents and stakeholders, the ability to engage with students from years K-12, as well as experience in Secondary education is also highly desirable.
Wiluna is a culturally special and historically unique place, surrounded by desert, waterways and cultural areas. We are situated 1000km north-east of Perth and 550 km north of Kalgoorlie. Wiluna RCS caters for Kindergarten to Year 12 and has a population of between 65 and 85 students.
Please click the play button below to view Wiluna RCS's promotional video.
Our school staff are committed to connecting learning to the Martu Calendar, our local curriculum. The Calendar was created by local families over the last few years and ensures that learning is connected to country and culture. The Wiluna community, staff and students are very proud of the school. Our staff and school community have high expectations that our students will achieve greatness.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Wiluna Remote Community School can be found by visiting www.wilunarcs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job-related information:
Please contact Emidio Boto, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9981 7013 or emailing Emidio.Boto2@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Emidio Boto on 0405 818 342.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.