Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS845695
Kalamunda Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and highly motivated School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Suitable applicants should have a friendly, positive, caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
School Officers should possess well developed skills in using word processing and data software packages, and experience in the Department of Educations’ procedures and processes is highly desirable. You will ideally have knowledge and understanding of the recording and maintenance of a school’s physical assets and resources and previous experience using RM Billing, RM Finance, Integris, and HRMIS (Human Resource Management Information System) will be highly regarded.
Kalamunda SHS has an enviable reputation developed over 60 years of providing a quality education to all students. The school is proud of its outstanding achievement in the Gifted and Talented Visual Arts program which is complemented by excellence in academic achievement, languages (three), a specialist program in Outdoor Education, a school based Performing Arts program and a vibrant music program.
The school offers a welcoming, positive and supportive environment for all students. There is a strong student services team including a Deputy, Program Coordinators, Chaplain, Nurse, School Psychologist and Year Coordinators. The school also has a Learning Centre to support literacy and numeracy development in the school and students with particular learning needs.
Drawing on the hills and surrounding suburbs, the school has proud traditions and a strong sense of community stretching across three generations with many of the students’ parents and grandparents attending the school. Graduates have gone on to excel and take on leadership roles in their chosen fields - notably the arts, medicine, dentistry, engineering, Olympic representation, journalism, entertainment and the public service.
The school lives and breathes its values of Community, Respect, Resilience, Pride and a Love of Learning and is committed to its purpose of developing life-long learners who can realise their full potential. A school wide pedagogy which is engaging, relevant, collaborative and reflective underpins teaching and learning at the school.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kalamunda Senior High School can be found by visiting www.kalamundashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jeni Jorritsma, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0419 947 282 or emailing Jeni.Jorritsma@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Jeni Jorritsma on 0419 947 282.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.