Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS845820
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023
Kojonup District High School (DHS) is seeking a motivated, organised School Officer to join their friendly team.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and be responsible for completing administrative duties including greeting all visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. Ideally the successful applicant should have a friendly, positive and caring attitude and possess the qualities to promote excellence within our school and to interact with parents and the wider community.
The successful applicant will ideally model effective and quality customer and administrative support service delivery and will employ a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with administration team, school support staff, our school community and teaching staff. In addition, you will support student-related activities, such as assisting with student enrolment procedures, and operate a range of software packages, particularly databases and word processing. You will have sound financial knowledge and experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and preparing financial returns. Knowledge of school base systems such as Integris, Compass and RM Finance are highly desirable.
Kojonup DHS caters for approximately 230 students, kindergarten to Year 10 and has a strong focus on literacy, numeracy and pastoral care. We recognise the value that hard work and regular attendance has on achievement and progress, working in collaboration with families to ensure each child strives to reach their personal best.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Demonstrated ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Kojonup District High School can be found by visiting Kojonup District High School or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Courtney Toland, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kojonup, by telephoning (08) 9831 3300 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Courtney Toland on 0427 774 087.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A minimum two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.