Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS846448
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Madora Bay Primary School (PS) opened its doors to students at the start of 2023. We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, friendly and caring Education Assistant - Mainstream for a 0.6 position.
At Madora Bay PS every student will gain the skills and attributes to achieve their life aspirations in an environment where they are connected, valued and counted. Our school works in close partnership with its community to strive for excellence, where outcomes for students guide decision making in a culture of high expectations, driven by a cohesive and highly skilled team of educators.
The successful applicant will ideally have a passion for working with students and have sound organisational and interpersonal skills. You should be committed to achieving the best educational outcomes for our students through collaborating with others to support and enhance teaching and learning. You may be working across a range of classrooms therefore the ability to be flexible will be an advantage, especially as the school grows in size.
We are seeking an Education Assistant who is committed to maximising their impact on student learning and who works well within a team environment. Our staff should have high expectations and truly believe that all students can learn and be successful. As a foundation staff member, you will embrace evidence-based strategies in place across the school to best meet the needs of all students. Experience in delivering high quality interventions in Literacy and Numeracy will be highly regarded.
The ability to establish genuine, positive and caring relationships with our students and families is paramount. The successful applicant will share responsibility for the delivery of outstanding pastoral care which supports the health and wellbeing of all our students. The successful applicant will ideally bring a proactive and inclusive approach which positively contributes to establishing our systems, values and learning environment as a new school.
Working in a new public primary school presents unique challenges that require a particular skill-set and outlook. The personal qualities which you bring to this role are crucial and will be highly regarded. The successful applicant should be reflective, collaborative, flexible and solutions-focused in order to positively contribute to the establishment of our school culture, adapt to change as our school grows and consistently provide the best opportunities for our students.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Madora Bay Primary School can be found by visiting www.madorabayps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Samantha Benn, Principal by telephoning (08) 9584 6250 or emailing Samantha.Benn@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Samantha Benn by email Samantha.Benn@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, with one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 28 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.