Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH845467
Spring Hill Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Our vision is to be a culturally responsive professional learning community catering for the needs of all our students’ needs, it is desirable that suitable applicants have knowledge of and commitment to schools as professional learning communities.
Suitable applicants will ideally be motivated to achieve high quality learning outcomes for all students by actioning the Plan, Teach, Assess cycle and should display their capacity to use the learning data gathered through this process to inform future learning programs. They should seek, reflect and respond to feedback and have insights into their strengths and opportunities for development. They will demonstrate a passion for their work and the commitment to the strategic direction of the school.
Suitable applicants will ideally display:
- The capacity and commitment to carry out the role professionally and effectively
- A high level knowledge of the Western Australian Curriculum
- Effective Instructional practice, famed by ‘Teaching for Impact’ and resulting in high quality student achievement
- Knowledge and application of formative and summative assessment practices.
- A commitment to actions that will move our school to culturally responsive status
- Knowledge and understanding of the role information and communication technology (ICT) plays in the enhancement of student learning programs.
Consistent with the School Business Plan, suitable applicants will ideally have the capacity and commitment to work collaboratively to develop their capacity and the capacity of colleagues. Through actively participating collaboratively they should ensure that learning programs are designed to provide differentiated learning to cater for all students and evaluate the impact of both the learning program and their instructional practice individually and collectively.
It is highly desirable for suitable applicants to have a sound understanding of the Positive Behaviour Support program and restorative practice in schools.
Spring Hill PS is an Independent Public School located in the suburb of Tapping and is a centre of excellence catering for Kindergarten to Year 6 students. This unique school is underpinned by strong community links and collaborative partnerships with parents and the community that work together to make Spring Hill PS a vibrant, innovative, contemporary education facility. Teaching and learning practices at Spring Hill PS are evidence based and utilise contemporary curriculum and assessment processes. Staff are supported by strategic investment in collaborative time and have access to Learning Area Consultants in Mathematics and English.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Spring Hill Primary School can be found by visiting springhillps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
Please contact Steve Routledge, Principal, by telephoning (08) 6207 3800 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 22 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.