Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS846412
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023
Durham Road School is seeking an efficient and organised Workplace Learning Coordinator to join our administration team.
Durham Road School is located in Bayswater, with four offsite classrooms at Embleton Primary School and an offsite Enterprise Training Centre. We are the largest Education Support School in Western Australia and cater to students with disabilities from Kindy to Year 12.
As the Workplace Learning Coordinator, you will assist in locating appropriate industry placements for students, conduct site checks and meet with prospective employers and support the establishment and operations of the Workplace Learning program. In this role you will monitor student progress in the workplace and support by undertaking the relevant paperwork, supporting students with their study program, and maintaining the program’s database. The successful applicant should have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Knowledge of Vocational Education and Training and Workplace Learning programs and the ability to facilitate school/industry partnerships.
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and word processing.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Durham Road School can be found by visiting durhamroads.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Heath Bradley, Deputy Principal by telephoning (08) 9238 0900 or emailing email@example.com.
During the school holiday period, please contact Denise Patrick on 0419 048 921.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.