Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP843503
This is a twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024 with possible extension and/or permanency
Baler Primary School (PS) is seeking a passionate and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Deputy Principal.
Working at Baler Primary School provides you with the many professional and personal benefits of working for the Department of Education including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $10,210 a year
- Locality allowance of $3,976 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised accommodation where applicable
- Free relocation
About the Role
The successful applicant will provide educational leadership in the school and the community by helping develop and promote the school values, ethos and priorities, and encouraging staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals. They will use effective change management strategies to assist the school community to accept and develop opportunities for improved service.
The successful applicant will play a significant role in the daily management of staff and student wellbeing and may have responsibility for management, or shared management, of timetabling. The successful applicant should be a strategic and future focused administrator who works effectively as part of a team, able to build trusting and positive relationships with staff, students and the community.
About the School
At Baler PS we value, celebrate and learn from our multicultural diversity by fostering positive relationships through engaging students, parents, staff and the wider community. We are an independent public school catering for children in Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school community is diverse, with representation from over thirty-four different cultures. Our school motto, 'a sea of cultures', captures and celebrates our inclusive and culturally respectful approaches to our teaching and learning practices and community interactions. Our school is located in the Pilbara, and is the largest of the four primary schools in the Hedland area.
We offer programs in visual arts, physical education, science, music and Indonesian. We also have a highly valued academic enrichment program for children needing a bit more of a challenge. We enjoy a high profile in the community, with dedicated, supportive and enthusiastic staff. Our committed teachers provide education across a range of programs, catering to individual differences through an inclusive and differentiated approach. Our programs are catered to children from a variety of backgrounds and learning needs, including those with special needs or at educational risk.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baler Primary School can be found by visiting www.balerps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Katie Andrew, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9172 8500 or emailing Katie.Andrew@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Katie Andrew on 0409272091
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 16 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.