Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS846301
Goollelal Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Suitable applicants should be highly competent, experienced and passionate. They should work as part of a whole school team committed to high expectations of all staff and students, and high levels of capability and performance.
To be suitable for inclusion in this pool you will ideally have sound teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills in a recent and relevant educational environment that will display your capacity to assist the teacher with the delivery of planned education programs. Ideally, you will have a successful history of working in collaboration with teachers to assist with the preparation of learning experiences and the general care and wellbeing of students.
We seek Education Assistants – Special Needs who are committed to maximising their impact on student learning.
Goollelal PS is situated 20 kilometres north of Perth in the suburb of Kingsley. As an Independent Public School catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 our school motto is 'sharing, caring and learning' - reinforcing our belief in the importance of education whilst maintaining the health and wellbeing of our students, staff and families.
Our dedicated teachers and support staff are committed to providing a world class education. The children in our care are offered a modern, contemporary education with access to the latest technologies and learning resources.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Goollelal Primary School can be found by visiting goollelalps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Christine Hemsley, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 6207 2100 or emailing Christine.Hemsley@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Christine Hemsley on 0411 771 212 or Christine.Hemsley@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.