Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS845136
Suitable applicants from previously advertised process IPS/SS781626 need not apply
Madeley Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistants – Special Needs for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2024
We are looking for highly motivated and reliable Education Assistants - Special Needs, who possess the qualities to promote excellence. Suitable applicants would be part of an effective team and support innovative curriculum. They will ideally show excellent communication, interpersonal, and organisational skills, and have the ability to work in a highly collaborative manner in promoting a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
Suitable applicants would, under teacher direction, assist in the implementation of specialised education programs and plans. You would assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers and digital technologies with individual students or groups. As required, you would provide feedback on education and therapy programs and participate in the evaluation process relating to the achievement of goals in special education.
Madeley PS opened in January 2009 and is a school community where our students will be motivated to achieve their very best. As part of a cluster consisting of nearby Ashdale Secondary College, Ashdale Primary School and Landsdale Primary School. As a cluster, we have a common purpose, a joint vision for the improvement, attainment, achievement and progression of young people. Our collaborative partnership means we have been able to develop a shared identity assisted by geographical proximity and a strong sense of being an inclusive community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to interact with students with special needs, parents and teaching professionals on the provision of educational programs, and to assist teachers in understanding students where necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team in the evaluation of educational programs, including special education and therapy programs where these have been implemented.
- Good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery and development of effective education programs to students and subsequent feedback to teaching professionals or psychologists.
- Ability to assist teachers or therapists in implementing educational programs, including special education and, should this be a requirement of the position, occupational and/or physiotherapy programs.
- Knowledge of health and physical disabilities in students and adolescents.
- Ability to assist with general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Madeley Primary School can be found by visiting madeleyprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Libby Clark, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9306 6900 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Libby Clark on 0436 600 647
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.