Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS844693
This is a six (6) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023 with possible extension
Please note as of Friday, 22 September 2023 at 3:30pm the closing date for this advert has been amended
Carcoola Primary School (PS) is seeking a highly motivated Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team.
As the Manager Corporate Services, you will work with the Principal to manage the financial, physical and human resource aspects of the school's business operations and the supervision of all school support staff. The successful applicant should provide consistency for financial planning and budgeting within the school and ideally possess an excellent knowledge of Department Policies and Guidelines.
The successful applicant will ideally possess high-level oral, written, and interpersonal communication, analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills. You should also be able to work in a collaborative team environment and be committed to building quality communication with all stakeholders and developing strong community relationships and links.
Carcoola PS is located approximately four kilometres north of Pinjarra. The school, which still manages to retain a 'country' feel, is part of the South Metro Education Region and Murray Waroona Network.
We are a small school with a warm and welcoming atmosphere that prioritises the individual needs of students. Carcoola PS promotes a safe, caring environment where students strive to achieve their potential and develop the skills and attitudes to effectively contribute to society.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carcoola Primary School can be found by visiting carcoolaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Bev Garnett, Principal by telephoning (08) 9531 1399 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holida period, please contact Bev Garnett on firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.