Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE844232
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023
The Infrastructure Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Project Support Officer in the Capital Works and Maintenance branch.
The Project Support Officer will provide administrative support to the Principal Project Officer and other team members in the areas of maintenance and minor works. Within this role you will contribute to a work environment that is safe, fosters equity and diversity, enables the achievement of personal and EBS goals and facilitates accomplishment of designated roles and deliverables.
The successful applicant will provide support to ensure maintenance and minor works programs and projects are effectively planned, managed, coordinated and monitored as well as support team members in responding to Ministerial correspondence and Parliamentary question..
As the Project Support Officer, it is highly important to maintain a focus on customer service delivery and continuous improvement of service and develop and maintain effective communication links and working relationships to ensure access to diverse specialist knowledge.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
2. Demonstrated sound communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills and the ability to build and maintain client relationships and prepare appropriate correspondence.
4. Demonstrated sound organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work independently or in a team environment to achieve required project/program outcomes.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Andrew Hodkinson, Principal Project Officer by telephoning (08) 9262 8995 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page (maximum) statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 27 September 2023
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.