Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE845370
This is a permanent part-time (0.3 FTE) position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Working with caring team
- Family friendly environment
The Role and our Branch
The Wheatbelt Education Region Division is seeking to recruit a flexible and enthusiastic individual to the position of Cook – Weekend.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Weekend Cook will cater for meals at the college and college functions as required whilst ensuring adequate catering to avoid under catering or excessive catering. The suitable applicant will ensure food handling and occupational hygiene practices are in accordance with relevant health and safety guidelines.
The suitable applicant will ensure stocks are stored safely with high levels of quality control, storage, and hygiene in accordance with occupational safety and health standards. The suitable applicant will possess good interpersonal skills and work effectively with other cook/s and kitchen hand/s whilst undertaking mixed functions as required.
Moora Residential College is situated in the Wheatbelt town of Moora and caters for boarders from years 7 to 12 who attend Central Midlands SHS.
Moora Residential College has a small, friendly, and professional staff who willingly work together as a team to provide the best possible care for our boarders. We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking person who will be able to work well both in a team environment and with minimal supervision
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to carry out the duties of a cook, for 50 to 110 students, to a high standard, including catering for special dietary requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control stock and uphold health and safety standards in relation to food and kitchen hygiene.
- Demonstrated good organisational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to youth.
- Demonstrated flexibility in response to changing work needs.
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Anne- Marie Wilson, Manager - Moora Residential College by telephoning (08) 9653 9700 or emailing Anne-marie.Wilson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement,
- training specific to this role required by Department policy,
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment, and
- the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 26 September, 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.