Please note that an amendment to the closing date of this advertisement has been made as of 12:00pm (WST) Monday, 18 September 2023
Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE818699
This is a permanent, full-time position commencing ASAP
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits.
The Role and our Branch
Business and Customer Services is seeking an experienced and dedicated individual to fill the role of the Administration and Finance Officer.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
The Administration and Finance Officer provides executive, administrative, financial and project support to the Director, Business and Customer Services and the Manager, Business Support Services.
The role is responsible for managing confidential and sensitive enquiries requiring appropriate referral and timely responses. The occupant is required to liaise with senior staff within the Department on a diverse range of issues related to the directorate and prepare correspondence, ministerial responses and briefing notes on behalf of the Director.
The role also conducts research and provides support for Department committees and meetings and Directorate project initiatives.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following selection criteria:
1. Demonstrated sound knowledge and experience in the delivery of high-level administration support services, including the ability to provide executive support to senior managers.
2. Demonstrated sound oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with senior managers and internal and external clients on a wide range of issues.
5. Demonstrated sound financial management skills with the ability to interpret, report and apply financial practices and procurement procedures.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact Jonathan Toquero, Manager Business Support Services by telephoning (08) 9264 8687 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A maximum three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position.
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 26 September 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our division for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.