Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH844866
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Katanning Senior High School (SHS) is seeking a Design and Technology Teacher to join their high quality regional school.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $8 020.00 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised housing
- Free relocation
About the role
The successful applicant will possess strong organisational and communication skills to work effectively within as small cohesive team as well as build good relationships with students, parents, and staff. They will have excellent knowledge of the West Australian Curriculum and the capacity to teach across Years 7-12 within the contexts of Wood and Metal. They will instil in students an appreciation of the design process and be innovative in the use of contemporary technologies to engage students in highly effective and transferable learning.
Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health and how that relates to the workshop environment with students is highly desirable.
Katanning SHS is a unique and distinctive secondary school located in the heart of the Great Southern region of WA. At our school children have the opportunity to engage in a challenging and comprehensive educational program within a caring and nurturing school. Students’ academic and social needs are met within a school that values respect, achievement, perseverance and tolerance.
Katanning Senior High School's community is culturally diverse. We celebrate and respect individual difference and work in harmony to ensure success for all students.
Boasting the Great Southern Trade Training Centre designed to offer industry level qualifications in Engineering and Automotive. Our workshops and labs are well equipped with CNC machines capable of handling a wide variety of materials.
For more information about Katanning visit www.westernaustralia.com.au/katanning
For additional information to all allowances and housing please contact Housing and Transport at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 9264 5154.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Katanning Senior High School can be found by visiting www.katanningshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition for Teachers - Prior Service and Qualifications
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Calvin D'Sylva, Deputy Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Katanning, by telephoning (08) 9891 1100 or emailing Calvin.Dsylva@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Calvin D'Sylva on 0457 888 171.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- hold full, non-practising or provisional registration with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB), or be eligible for full, non-practising or provisional registration prior to commencement of the position. (Applicants who require a Limited Registration to teach from the TRB are not eligible). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.