Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS845178
Suitable applicants from advertised process IPS/SS781629 need not apply
Madeley Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Mainstream Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 3, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 3, 2024.
As a Mainstream Education Assistant, you will form part of our committed team of staff working in the early years. You will be assisting in the delivery of planned education programs, including managing small groups of students under the direction of the teacher, that will help in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students. Suitable applicants will also assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials, and resources for use in classes. Building meaningful relationships with staff, students and their families will be an important part of this role, and as such, effective communication and interpersonal skills will be ideal. Suitable applicants should have well-developed behaviour management strategies and be able to uphold our Madeley Primary School Early Childhood Behaviour Matrices.
Madeley PS opened in January 2009 and is a school community where your child will be motivated to achieve their very best. We are part of the Ashdale Cluster, consisting of nearby schools Carnaby Rise, Landsdale South, Landsdale Primary, Ashdale Primary and Ashdale Secondary College. As a cluster, we have a common purpose, a joint vision for the improvement, attainment, achievement, and progression of young people. Our collaborative partnership means we have been able to develop a shared identity assisted by geographical proximity and a strong sense of being an inclusive community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Madeley Primary School can be found by visiting madeleyprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kylie Reeves, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9306 6900 or emailing Kylie.Reeves@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Kylie Reeves on 0436 600 647
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.