Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH843803
North Kalgoorlie Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2024 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2024 school year.
Working for the Department of Education attracts a range of attractive professional and personal benefits including:
- Attractive Country Teaching Program Allowance of $8 020.00 a year
- Locality allowance of $432 a year
- 11 percent employer contributions to superannuation
- 12 weeks’ vacation leave (school holidays)
- More than 20 days of other leave, including sick leave and carers’ leave
- Subsidised housing
- Free relocation
About the Role
Suitable applicants will ideally be passionate, motivated and skilled educators who are committed to improving literacy and numeracy outcomes for every child, every day, through our whole school approaches, explicit teaching and instructional strategies.
It is highly desirable that applicants are committed to developing positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the wider community. Applicants should possess a strong capacity to plan challenging and engaging programs using an excellent understanding of the Western Australian Curriculum.
We are seeking applicants who are innovative and possess high quality teaching skills and knowledge. They will ideally be committed to ongoing professional growth and development, support current whole school processes and be collegial, effective collaborators.
About the School
North Kalgoorlie PS is located in suburb of Lamington. Lamington is one of Kalgoorlie's oldest and finest suburbs. The school first opened in 1902 and boasts a tradition and spirit that brings all ex and current North Kalers together as one. North Kalgoorlie PS is a very proud school and we are committed to providing a learning environment that is inclusive, motivational, supportive, caring and engaging for every student. We have Pastoral Care as a priority and inclusivity is a large part of this.
Currently we run a number of programs across the school supporting our focus of developing a safe, healthy, enjoyable learning environment. We are continuing to explore how we are inclusive of our students learning styles, needs, culture, interests and best meeting the needs of our students. Students at North Kalgoorlie PS are from varied backgrounds. Some are fourth generation Kalgoorlie born families. Some are families involved in the mining industry who move location regularly. Others are from various Aboriginal groups around the state and country.
Vacancies may arise during the life of this pool that require specialist qualifications (for example vacancies within Early Childhood Education). Only applicants, in the pool, possessing the required qualifications will be considered for appointment in these circumstances.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Kalgoorlie Primary School can be found by visiting www.northkalgoorlieps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Elisabeth Gooding, Deputy Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9092 5850 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Elisabeth Gooding on 0418 435 056
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration requirements.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.