Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS841476
Are you customer focused and able to work well in a team environment?
Settlers Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2024.
Settlers PS is seeking to appoint dedicated and friendly School Officers to join their inclusive and welcoming school.
Suitable applicants will use their excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work collaboratively with the Administration and Corporate Services Teams, teaching and school support staff and the school community to deliver high standards of customer and administrative support.
Settlers PS are looking for outgoing friendly School Officers who will be the first point of contact in their front office and will provide a welcoming approach to all visitors, staff and students. Some of the key responsibilities as a School Officer is to maintain reception and general administration related to the daily operations of the school office. We are seeking applicants who will be student focused and efficient with strong attention to detail and initiative.
The School Officer provides information and collects documentation for new enrolments, enters student enrolment data and maintains student attendance records: staff records and generates reports from school databases. It is highly desirable to have experience in the use of School Integrated System (Integris), RM Billing, Canva, Passtab, Faults Management and MS Office suite of programs. Successful applicants should have strong organisational skills, the flexibility to move between tasks and the ability to effectively deliver successful outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment.
Settlers PS has a strong curriculum focus based on the use of High-Impact, Low variation teaching methods and consistent, whole school approaches to literacy and numeracy. The school’s experienced staff work collaboratively to ensure that high quality instruction is apparent in all classrooms, every session. Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) underpins our student wellbeing and engagement philosophy, with students being explicitly taught the values and expectations of our school community, in a proactive and strengths based manner.
Suitable applicants will be part of the school’s vision to ensure all students are given opportunities to be successful creatively, physically, socially and emotionally.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Settlers Primary School can be found by visiting settlersps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Tanya Tasovac, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9523 5750 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Tanya Tasovac on 0417 984 738
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 29 September 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.