Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS845601
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 4, 2023
Shenton College is seeking a dedicated, organised and highly motivated Associate Manager Corporate Services (AMCS) with sound skills and attributes in managing teams.
The AMCS assists the Manager Corporate Services with the Schools Financial Performance, Promotions and Public Relations, Building and Assets, Human Resources, School and Student Administration and strategic operational input to the development of the College’s workforce and business plans. The corporate culture at Shenton College is collaborative and dynamic. The AMCS assists the Manager Corporate Services to lead operational enhancement, financial planning, strategic budgeting and ensures our built school environment continues to be a well-resourced, well maintained and an engaging context for teaching and learning.
Shenton College has approximately 300 experienced and committed staff dedicated to educating more than 2700 students. The college is endowed with state of the art facilities across an extensive 14 hectare landscaped campus and has a tradition of excellence. The College enjoys a reputation for high academic, sporting and cultural achievements for secondary students in Years 7 to 12. Whilst a large number of our students choose university bound courses, we also provide a range of options for all students with a developed culture that values certificate vocational courses, and extensive learning beyond the classroom. Shenton College celebrates its shared values of care, curiosity and collaboration, and the successful candidate will need to embody these values in the way they assist the Manager Corporate Services and the College community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Well-developed written communication, verbal, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to deal and negotiate with a wide range of individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed financial skills, including budget preparation, monitoring and reporting, and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Considerable understanding of, and ability to apply, human resource management and customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input to the development, implementation, and monitoring of business and strategic plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills with the ability to identify patterns, process improvements, problems, and solutions
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Shenton College can be found by visiting shenton.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Chris Hill, Principal, by telephoning 0421 024 258 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.