Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS839368
This is a permanent part-time (0.78FTE) position commencing ASAP
One Arm Point Remote Community School (RCS) are seeking a hard-working and motivated School Officer to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with our administrative team. Applicants who are prepared to develop a thorough working knowledge of Department of Education databases, records management systems and financial knowledge will be highly desirable. The successful applicant should have the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources utilising RM Billing, EFTPOS, RM Finance and HRMIS.
Please Note. NO GROH housing is available for this position.
One Arm Point RCS is in Ardyaloon (One Arm Point), an Aboriginal community on the Dampier Peninsula in the Kimberley Region of Western Australia.
One Arm Point RCS is respectful of self, others and culture, and is committed to developing students who are literate, numerate and resilient lifelong learners. The school aims to help all students reach their full potential, with each one having the tools to make informed, considered decisions and also the skills and knowledge to find meaningful employment beyond their school years.
The local Bardi Jawi culture is embedded into the school curriculum in many ways including Bardi language lessons, a fortnightly cultural program, a school and community cultural camp and engagement with local service providers, such as the Bardi Jawi Rangers.
The school has a dynamic staff from various backgrounds, including a number of local Aboriginal staff who provide integral knowledge and expertise regarding students and the school's unique context.
Strong relationships with the local community and local service providers forms the base of a collaborative and targeted approach aimed at improving outcomes across the board and ensuring the children of One Arm Point RCS are given every opportunity to succeed.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about One Arm Point Remote Community School can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Mark Batka, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Ardyaloon, by telephoning (08) 9171 9400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include
- A maximum of two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior tocommencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.