Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS845097
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Leeming Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Education Assistant Special Needs - Lead (EASNL) to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will ideally possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills which will be used to develop and promote the school’s values, ethos, and whole school approaches.
The role of the EASNL is to lead, mentor, coach, and model good practices for other Education Assistants. You will plan and deliver the worksite induction and training of other Education Assistants.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for managing the Education Assistance timetable and ensuring relief staff are aware of their role and responsibilities for the day. In consultation with teachers, parents/caregivers and colleagues, or other relevant professionals, you will contribute to the design and implementation of documented plans and provide solutions and support to teachers, which promote positive student behaviour and improved educational outcomes in the classroom.
The successful applicant should possess a deep commitment to leading positive and productive relationships and embedding a proactive and respectful approach with all interactions. A strong knowledge of a range of evidence-based techniques for learning and behaviour and have experience or knowledge of disabilities in the school setting in highly regarded.
At Leeming SHS we have been welcoming families for over 30 years. We are an Independent Public School committed to giving our students the best resources and environment possible to prepare them for a bright future. We see ourselves as partners with parents and students to provide a supporting and caring environment during the High School years.
We seek to achieve Harmony and strive for Excellence. Our motto of Harmony and Excellence guides all members of our School Community to rise to their potential and care for each other
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the delivery of education programs and/or behaviour management plans; and ability to identify problems and assist teachers and other Education Assistants in the development of strategies and solutions.
- Well developed oral communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, mentor, coach, induct and train other Education Assistants and professional teams, including providing advice and evaluating education programs.
- Well developed written communication skills, including report writing, and the ability to coordinate, collect and present student data at a whole school community level in a meaningful way.
- Well developed organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate staff rosters and relief to assist in the delivery of effective education programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Leeming Senior High School can be found by visiting leeming.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Cynthia Geiles Deputy Principal by telephoning (08) 9237 6800 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact Cynthia Geiles on 0428 212 728
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- Complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.