Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS842657
Can you make our school sparkle?
This is a three (3) month fixed term, part-time (0.3FTE) position commencing Term 4, 2023 with possible extension and/or permanency
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, in accordance with the Department’s procedures. These duties include the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, drinking troughs and other items of general cleaning.
In addition to this, the successful applicant will also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge. Vacation cleaning duties will need to be completed and these include shampooing carpets and pressure cleaning various areas.
In this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You should be organised, honest, reliable and punctual. An excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices will be advantageous to the role.
Bramfield Park Primary School (PS) is located in Maddington and caters for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. There is a strong focus on wellbeing at Bramfield Park PS with access to social and emotional curriculum, student services and local support agencies. Academic achievement is encouraged through the implementation of the Western Australian Curriculum Outline K-10, intervention programs and individualised learning plans.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- Ability to read and apply Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
- Knowledge of, and ability to, use cleaning equipment including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions and work as a member of a team
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Further information about Bramfield Park Primary School can be found by visiting www.bramfieldparkps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Valerie Trapp, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9217 8600 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
During the school holiday period, please contact Valerie Trapp on email@example.com and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A three (3) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- Email your completed application form and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date and time
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.