Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH845400
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
The school can negotiate down to 0.9FTE for the successful applicant
Please be aware that as of 8:45am on Friday, 06 September 2023, the closing date has been extended.
Are you passionate about shaping the minds of the next generation?
Carine Senior High School (SHS) is a co-educational secondary school, located in the North-West suburbs of Perth close to the ocean and approximately 15 kilometres from the city centre. Carine SHS represents the very best that government schools have to offer and is a proud independent public school. The school has a very high student retention rate, an experienced staff and an active School Council, made up of students, parents, staff and community members. The school has achieved an enviable reputation for strong academic achievement and pastoral care.
Design and Technology at Carine SHS offers a range of learning experiences for students. These are outlined below.
- Lower school - Wood, Metal, Materials, Mechatronics, Robotics
- Upper school - Building & construction, Wood, Design & dimension, certificate of engineering
Suitable applicants should ideally be collaborative, effective communicators with parents, staff and students, whilst being passionate and engaging educators. They should also be innovative and promote an environment of active and positive learning, provide educational opportunities and activities which enable students to achieve their highest potential.
As teachers at our school, you will ideally have strengths in working in a dynamic, multi-contextual and collaborative team. Desirable skills may include the ability to differentiate instruction, and to embed instructional strategies effectively.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Carine Senior High School can be found by visiting carinehs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Appointed applicants may be eligible for Recognition of Experience and Qualifications
For further job related information:
Please contact James Lorimer, Program Coordinator, by telephoning 0438 850 330 or emailing James.Lorimer2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three to four (3-4) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment.
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- meet the Department of Education Teacher Qualifications and Registration
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement.
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 13 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.