Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE830469
Financial Services is seeking to establish a pool of Compliance Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during 2023 and up to the end of December, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within 2023, up to the end of December, 2024.
The Role and our Branch
You will undertake compliance reviews of schools and provide high-level support to Principals and Manager Corporate Services on compliance matters in schools whilst assisting in the maintenance and preparation of compliance programs.
We encourage all applicants with diverse professional experiences to apply.
- This opportunity presents career and skills growth, great work culture, support and mentorship.
- The Department is on the CPA Recognised Employer Program, and we also provide mentoring for the Institute of Chartered Accounts Australia and New Zealand CA Program.
- This role has become available due to growth of the team.
- The position involves managing and undertaking financial compliance audits against the Department’s financial management framework.
As the successful applicant will identify issues arising from policy changes, financial and taxation reforms and the introduction of new systems or technology. You will contribute to developing best practice in finance, administration, human resources and related discipline.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Your written application will be assessed against the following Selection Criteria:
1. Demonstrated practical knowledge of audit and compliance procedures, activity and techniques, especially related to contemporary approaches to audit.
3. Demonstrated well developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships..
5. Demonstrated well developed ability to work independently on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
Shortlisted applicants will have their skills and experiences in relation to the remaining selection criteria assessed in the further stages of the recruitment process. Remaining selection criteria can be found on the attached Job Description Form (JDF).
For a full outline of the role responsibilities and selection criteria, please refer to the JDF.
It is recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
All inquiries are welcomed
Please contact James Meem, Senior Compliance Officer by telephoning 08 92644162 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow all instructions. It is recommended you have relevant documents completed and ready to attach with your online application. Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications must be received prior to the closing date and time.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the selection criteria listed above, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please phone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please phone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- hold or obtain a current Western Australian Driver’s Licence as the position requires significant travel throughout the metropolitan area as well as some travel in regional locations
- the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 October 2023.
Lodgement is system generated. Any submissions at, or after, 4:30pm will not be accepted.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED