Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS841393
This is a permanent part-time (0.44FTE) position commencing Term 3, 2023
Karridale Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated Cleaner – Working Alone to join their team
About the Role
As a Cleaner - Working Alone you would open/close the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. You would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required.
Additionally, you would complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required. You would also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns and respond to issues raised by the Administration Team.
About the school
Children at Karridale PS fully appreciate everything that our small, Independent Public School offers - and that is a vibrant, nurturing and inclusive community. Together we create a safe and friendly learning environment where children thrive and succeed.
Our emphasis on health and well-being is reflected in our motto 'Growing through learning, active bodies and healthy minds'. Established in 1883, our school has a long history and is highly valued by our community. Strong connections create unique opportunities for our students. The children benefit from many excursions and incursions that value add to their learning including experiences in Aboriginal Culture, The Arts, Health and Wellbeing, Science and the Environment.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Karridale Primary School please visit Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Fiona Cormack, Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Karridale by telephoning (08) 9781 5150 or emailing Fiona.Cormack@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Fiona Cormack on 0418 913 076 or Fiona.firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted to discuss your queries further.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A cover letter of no more than three (3) pages. Please address selection criteria 1 and 2 by providing an example that shows your ability, knowledge and application in relation to each work related requirement.
You will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines.
- Knowledge of and ability to use cleaning equipment, including polishers, vacuum cleaners and pressure cleaners.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in the safe use and storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- Initiative and good organisational skills.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
The application form for emailed applications can be found in the attachments at the bottom of this advertisement.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Tuesday, 3 October 2023.
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.