Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS841419
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2024
Yule Brook College is seeking an enthusiastic, well organised Home Economics Assistant to join our friendly team. The successful applicant will require good communication skills, be able to prioritise well, needs to be self-motivated and have the ability to work alone. The Home Economics Assistant will provide vital support to the teachers to deliver planned cooking and textiles programs. They will assist in the preparation of materials for classes and are required to maintain equipment and resources. This role also involves undertaking regular cleaning activities and assisting the teacher with care and supervision of students as directed.
Yule Brook College is a proud Independent Public School inspired by our ethos of 'one students at a time in a community of learners'. Our school strives to meet the individual interests and needs of our students and provide support to develop the dimensions of the whole person. Since 2008 we have used the Big Picture design to provide a personalised learning plan based on each student's interests and passion. The Advisory is an integral part of our school structure and students develop a strong bond with their class and class teacher.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- good oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to work as part of a team.
- good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and wellbeing of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related (selection criteria) of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Yule Brook College can be found by visiting Yule Brook College or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
Please contact Danielle Altinier, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9251 8333 or emailing Danielle.Altinier@education.wa.edu.au
During the school holiday period, please contact Danielle Altinier on 0407 779 293.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two to three (2-3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within 3 months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within 6 months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 6 October 2023.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.