Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SA831727
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2024
Ocean Reef Senior High School (SHS) is seeking an innovative and strategic Student Services Program Coordinator to join their friendly team.
To be successful in this role, you should model innovative, future-focused thinking and be committed to making a difference in the lives of young people. Ocean Reef SHS is a positive behaviour and positive education school that is committed to promoting student wellbeing by creating a safe learning environment where there is a strong sense of belonging.
In collaboration with members of the Senior Leadership team, you will ideally be a highly productive and influential team member who provides educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and encouraging school staff, volunteers from the community and others to share ownership of the school’s vision and goals.
As the Program Coordinator, you will undertake a leadership role across the school in developing and implementing a whole school approach to student wellbeing and improving student outcomes. You should possess excellent communication and public relation skills that allow you to build and maintain collaborative and respectful partnerships within the school and the wider community. Exceptional interpersonal, organisational, and instructional skills are important as you lead the Student Services team to meet identified targets within their strategic plan.
In this role you will oversee the work of a dedicated team in an operational, mentoring, and managerial role. You should model a culture of self-reflection and improvement, providing coaching and mentoring as you promote professional growth and leadership capabilities in others.
The successful applicant will lead the Junior Secondary team upon commencement in 2024 with flexibility to move into other sub-schools as per the needs of the school. As part of your role, you may be responsible for:
- leading a positive behaviour and positive education approach throughout the school
- reviewing and implementing policies related to student attendance, behaviour and wellbeing
- coordinating the transition of students from primary school into secondary school
- analysing data and making recommendations for improvement
- identifying, planning and monitoring students at educational risk
- engaging with families and external agencies
- implementing programs to address identified areas of need
- maintaining effective case management records
Ocean Reef SHS is committed to ensuring every child is on a pathway to success. Through a high performance culture, and teacher efficacy, we nurture every student's talent. We foster the knowledge, skills, capabilities, attributes, and values they will require for successful ongoing learning and life beyond school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ocean Reef Senior High School can be found by visiting oceanreef.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact David Coles, Associate Principal by telephoning 08 6206 2700 or emailing email@example.com
During the school holiday period, please contact David Coles on 0408 935 615.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 9 October 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.