Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS817161
Wandina Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Cleaners for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2024.
Working for the Department of Education can attract the following benefits:
- District Allowance plus other miscellaneous allowances where applicable
For additional information please see relevant Agreement
To be successful in this role you will ideally have good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. Suitable applicants will ideally be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal.
Suitable applicants will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner In Charge.
Wandina PS is creating a school environment that promotes community involvement and provides a calm and caring atmosphere. With a focus on student learning and health and wellbeing, our aim is to support students in developing effective social skills related to our specific school wide behaviours that are linked to our whole school values.
Our School rules are: Be Safe, Be Respectful, Be Responsible and Be Your Best. Effective teaching will be reflected in our classrooms through the implementation of instructional strategies to promote strong Literacy and Numeracy achievement and the development of effective classroom management through the building of positive relationships between staff and students. Specialist programs in Physical Education, The Arts – Visual Arts/ Music, Science and Indonesian, will also be offered to students.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
For further information about Wandina Primary School please visit wandinaprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Tanya Joseph, Manager Corporate Services, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Wandina, by telephoning (08) 9968 1150 or emailing Tanya.Joseph@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, detailing your experience in the context of the role and business needs of the school.
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- Aboriginal Cultural Appreciation course
- Induction program within three months of commencement
- Online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Training specific to this role required by Departmental policy and;
- Training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 7 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.