Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS790052
Are you a talented and passionate school officer who would love to become a member of a committed team of dynamic officers in an Independent Public School that values working in an environment defined by Positive Psychology, innovation, collaboration and outstanding customer service practices?
We are seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent, fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2023 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2024. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2023 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2024.
High expectations will be placed on suitable applicants, who will work in a highly collaborative environment, designed to support the implementation of agreed whole school approaches. Staff at Aubin Grove are committed to continuous self-improvement, operating in a working environment, characterised by a strong commitment to professional learning. Applicants are asked to indicate their preferred work fraction from 0.2FTE to full-time.
Working at Aubin Grove Primary School presents a great and unique opportunity to be part of an exciting, professional experience. We have assembled a great team of vibrant, innovative, hardworking and committed school officers who work together as a team. They set high expectations for themselves and settle for no less. Your colleagues will expect the same from you if you are successful in joining us.
Aubin Grove is led by a highly effective and supportive administrative team, who set high expectations for themselves and their staff. Aubin Grove is a school that is committed to achieving excellence.
The Aubin Grove community expects and deserves nothing less.
Suitable applicants will ideally have an excellent focus on teamwork, self-motivation, initiative, and excellence in customer service delivery and administrative support. They should have strong organisational skills, the flexibility to move between tasks and deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a complex and fast paced environment
Knowledge of Department of Education databases, records management systems, financial systems, and web based, and social media platforms are highly desirable. Suitable applicants would ideally have the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources within the school, with application of customer service principles and practise to maintain the expected high-quality interactions with students, parents and the wider community.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work-related requirements (selection criteria):
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work-related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school should also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Aubin Grove Primary School can be found by visiting aubingroveps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Dianne Podmore, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6174 6500 or emailing Dianne.email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (selection criteria), in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees who can attest to the claims made in your written application, preferably one being your current line manager.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 1 June 2023
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.