Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS820754
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 3, 2023
Campbell Primary School (PS) is seeking an honest and motivated Cleaner in Charge who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace to join their friendly and supportive team.
As the Cleaner in Charge, you will inspire and lead a team of cleaning staff to ensure the school environment is maintained in accordance with Department of Education policies and procedures.
The successful applicant should have a sound knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
It is desirable for the successful applicant to have experience in supervising staff, as the successful applicant you will work alongside school staff and manage staff performance in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services.
In addition to the above, the Cleaner in Charge will liaise with the Manager Corporate Services on all cleaning matters, and record and respond to issues and concerns detailed in the communication book. They will maintain the Cleaner’s time book, arrange relief staff, be responsible for monitoring and ordering stock supplies, open and lock the school, including setting the security alarm system.
Campbell PS opened in 2002 and has a longstanding reputation as a high achieving school with a safe and inclusive culture which supports the growth of the whole child. We are located 25 km South of Perth in Canning Vale within the South Metropolitan Education Region.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements (selection criteria):
- good interpersonal and communication skills.
- ability to induct, coordinate and supervise the work of cleaning staff.
- experience in school or commercial cleaning.
- experience in the safe storage of cleaning equipment, materials and chemicals.
- ability to recognise and interpret Material Safety Data Sheets, equipment operating instructions, safety instructions and training guidelines
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Further information about Campbell Primary School can be found by visiting campbellprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For job related information
Please contact Sara Willis, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 9456 8300 or emailing Sara.Willis@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Your application should include:
- A detailed CV outlining your work history and experience in the context of the role. Your CV should include two (2) work related referees, one being your current Line Manager and;
- A two (2) page cover letter addressing the Work Related Requirements, in the context of the role and business needs of the school
To submit your application:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You can then complete the online application form and attach your CV and any other supporting documents, or
- If you do not have access to a computer, or require help using one, you can visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 9:00am and 2.30pm to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff. Please contact the school to arrange a suitable time. Support staff are not available to assist with the content for your application.
Please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment team on (08) 9264 4127 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
And complete the Department’s:
- complete the Department’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural awareness online course within 3 months of commencement.
- induction program within three months of commencement
- online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4:00pm (WST) on Friday, 9 June 2023
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS LISTED AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.